Congratulations, you got the interview. Now what? Whether it’s over the phone, online, or in person, you want to be prepared to make the best possible impression.
Here are 7 key tips for job interviews.
- Arrive early. At least 10 minutes early. Not only to give yourself time to settle but to show how prompt and professional you are.
- Dress for the job you want. How many times have you heard that advice? It’s true: if you want the job, you need to present yourself well.
- Be prepared & practice your answers. Know the names of your interviewers, have answers ready for a variety of questions, and make a list of the questions you may have. You may know what you want to say, but you also want to say it well. Research the company and the job you’re interviewing for.
- Bring extra copies of your resume. Look at you, all prepared.
- Silence your phone/electronic devices. Or turn them off completely.
- Listen carefully and make eye contact. Give your full attention to the interviewer.
- Close strong. Ask what the next steps are at the end of your interview. And it’s always nice to follow up with a thank you note or email.
Have a tip for a great job interview? Let us know in the comments!